Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

He never lets go...


It has finally happened. My children are all in school and it is hard to explain how I feel. I am filled with joy for them as these are exciting times, but my heart recalls how they felt in my arms, totally and utterly dependent on me. While they still rely on me, it is in a different kind of way.

It is hard to let someone else have such a significant influence on your child. I am, however, thankful for the teachers they have and will be praying for them daily. In some ways, I have to let go. Let go of the illusion of complete control...let go of the peace of mind I had knowing where they were and what they were doing every second...let go of just their physical presence at all times.

As I was driving away from the school this morning, tears began to fall. It's hard to let go. I turned on the radio to hear "Oh, no...You never let go!". It was such a comfort to know that while I had to let go for awhile, God never does! He does not let them go and I can rest assured knowing that He has them, even when I don't.

It has been a bittersweet day. But I am so thankful, "for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day (2 Tim 1:12)."

Even while looking at the verse in this context, I realize that these beautiful girls aren't truly ours to begin with, it is He who has entrusted us to raise these girls. We acknowledge this and entrust them back to Him...they are, now and always, His! That is a fact I can take comfort in, because there is no greater Father!

2 comments:

  1. wow, what a hard day! how cool that God gave you just the right song on the radio at just the right time--He always knows what we need at just the right time! I loved how perfect your verse to your circumstance! what a cute pic too! We need to catch up!
    miss you, hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pic...beautiful girls. Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete