Life as a wife, mother, and student is taking its toll. Why can't I remember things like I used to? I tell ya, I have never felt more scatter-brained than I have recently. I seem to live each day for that day, and neglect to think of preparing for the next. There is just too much going on, and I know that with student teaching quickly approaching, things will become even more busier before they get better. Sometimes it seems like a lost cause.
Because the girls' school is no longer within walking distance, we have a little car drive each morning. We have to leave in plenty of time, to account for possible traffic issues. We inevitably arrive at least 5 minutes early (first of all, for anyone who knows us...it's a small miracle :). Instead of heading into the school and waiting in the hall for classrooms to open, we've been reading a verse or short passage of the Bible to begin our day. Today we even added a prayer.
It's great that God's word is intergenerational. While I am selecting scriptures that are semi-simple to explain, yet applicable for their upcoming day, I realize that I cling to those verses throughout the day too. I love it when I am reminded, and learn, while striving to teach my children Biblical truths...I remember choosing a verse to stand on for different days of my childhood schooling. I remember clinging to these simple truths that are so powerful throughout my school day. It seems that as an adult, I take these forgranted. I seek to figure out the theology and Biblical basis of thoughts and issues. While this is great, I also love being reminded of the basics. As an adult "thinker", I often find new "jewels" even amongst the most basic of principles. I love it!
Thank You Lord for your Word, and thank You for being my strength!
This is probably the one thing I am most looking forward to... to teach God's Word and live Jesus to our own children someday. It is no easy task, but what an awesome and humbling privilege.
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
That is a great thing you are doing with your girls. They will remember this for life, the example you are setting. Also the wonderful memories you are creating with them.
ReplyDeleteyou are giving and teaching them one of God's greatest gifts to us--His Word! How admirable amidst all the other things of life that seem to be demanding your time and attention right now!
ReplyDeletelove you, hannah