Well, wouldn't you know it...
After telling you all about our "boy scout timeliness" to school each morning, today we arrived two minutes late. AAAGGHHH!
Alright, a little tangent...
I hate being late for anything. Scott can attest to this as I am often impatient while getting everyone out the door. He never could understand why in college I would actually skip a class if the professor had already begun when I arrived. I just really hate being late. Being absent is not the same as late. Being absent means you had somewhere else to be or were unable to be there. Being late means being ill-prepared. Heaven forbid someone should think of me as being "ill-prepared". This is crazy-talk and I'm not quite sure why it bothers me so much. Oh, and don't worry, I didn't keep the kids home because we were late...they had to endure the embarrassment with me!
Anyway, back to the point...
I so enjoy listening to my children read. It is just such a rewarding feeling when you can see and enjoy the fruit of your labor (as well as the labor of others). While we were caught in the traffic, Kylie read our Bible verse for the day. And I've got to say, as a mother, it doesn't get much better than listening to your child read God's word!
Note...
pix are from AWANA. Thinking about the girls and God's word reminds me of AWANA.
You might have suffered being late this once, but you still have your hair!! And well...you know the rest!
ReplyDeleteLove ya cousin!