Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Where has time gone?

Dear Friends,

So much has happened since the last time I wrote. During this time, our family has faced many a trial (hence the inability to keep up with this blog). Thankfully my student teaching is done and it is now summer!

Having just celebrated Father's Day, I was pondering my Heavenly Father...His faithfulness and love for me. I believe that this year, unlike any before, I have felt His crazy love* for me as His daughter. The same hands that created the universe, hold me. It is just such an earth shattering & life changing thought. When we found out that Kelsey, our five year old, had Type 1 Diabetes, I felt God's arms wrapped around me like never before and it is then that I just stood in awe of His love and faithfulness toward my family.

That week, a song kept running through my mind. It was kind of strange because I don't think I'd heard it since I was a teenager. Anyway, I wanted to share it with you. It's an old song by Scott Krippayne...

"All who sail the sea of faith,
find out before too long...
How quickly blue skies can grow dark
and gentle winds grow strong.

Suddenly fear is like white water
pounding on my soul.
Still we sail on knowing
that our Lord is in control.

Sometimes He calms the storm
with a whispered "Peace be Still".
He can settle any sea,
but it doesn't mean He will.
Sometimes He holds us close
and lets the wind and waves go wild.
Sometimes He calms the storm
and other times He calms His child.

He has a reason for each trial
that we pass through in life.
And though we're shaken,
we cannot be pulled apart from Christ!

No matter how the driving rain beats down
on those who hold to faith.
The heart of trust will always
be a quiet peaceful place.

Sometimes He calms the storm
with a whispered "Peace be Still".
He can settle any sea,
but it doesn't mean He will.
Sometimes He holds us close
and lets the wind and waves go wild.
Sometimes He calms the storm
and other times He calms His child."

This is totally how I felt. I knew that while our storm was going wild, He held us close & calmed us, His children. I could have peace during the storm because my heart trusts my Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that He loves us and I can trust Him with Kelsey...He loves her more than I can even imagine! What an AWESOME Father!

May He be glorified,
Kandice

*Crazy Love by Francis Chan...fantastic book!

Here are some pics from our "Vacation", as Kelsey calls it, at Doernbechers...

Kelsey showing off her hospital bracelet. Daddy felt left out. He wanted one too!

Monkeyin' Around!

Kelsey's artwork from Hospital School...they have school on the weekdays for a couple of hours.

Pretend drinking her carnation sundae bouquet from the staff at Gilbert Park!

While in the hospital, Kelsey received the rest of the Mercy Watson collection from GGpa, GGma & the Neidert family. She's read all of them and LOVES them!

Surrounded by love & hugs from family & friends

Strawberry ice cream for a bedtime snack...what could be better?
Preparing to check for ketones...

For some reason unbeknownst to me, this is exciting for her?

Yeah, no more ketones!

More artwork from school.

Wow! That's a lot of generosity & thoughtfulness...


Our "Vacation" is over & its time to go home!


Our real journey begins...

2 comments:

  1. Sooo glad to see your blog updated. Thank you for the beautiful words of how God has held you in His loving arms through this all. I have the book Crazy Love but haven't had the chance to read it yet. I've been anxious to start it. Glad to hear that it had such a profound impact on you. Love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tribute to what God has done in your family's life and His faithfulness! Loved the words of that song. Miss you, friend! I know I'm far away, but if you have any questions on diabetes or what not, I'd love to help in any way I can!

    ReplyDelete